Thursday 11 December 2014

Be Doers

I was able to do today's task- which makes me really happy! I had a look in my Christmas craft bag, and with some wooden nativity embellishments, gold paint, luggage tags and red ribbon I've made Christmas decorations. I intend to take them to work tomorrow.
At college this evening we discussed James' letter to the Hebrew church, which is an interesting little book of the bible. James is traditionally believed to be Jesus' brother and as such someone who knew him and his teachings really well.
Far superior theologians than me have argued this through the centuries but James seems to say that faith isn't enough- you need to go out and do stuff. Help people- especially the vulnerable. I'm not going to go into the theology of it all but I believe our faith in Jesus should make us want to go out and do the good stuff. If we're following His teachings and the spirit is within us we should be doers.

No comments:

Post a Comment