Monday 8 December 2014

Small things

I felt a little cynical when I read today's task. It may not be a work day but there was so much to do that the thought of taking time out to do something I want to do, rather than something I have to do, felt totally unattainable. This made me ponder upon the fact that I'm very rarely doing anything just for the joy of it. I love my life, job, family and friends but there is very little space at the moment to just enjoy life.
Thinking about things that have made me happy recently reminded me that only yesterday I had some quality family time. It was the first Sunday all four of us have been together in church since I started my placement (except for my children's 1st communion last week). We did a bit of shopping and grabbed a sandwich afterwards before returning to church for a carol service. We all curled up together in the evening.
I did do something I wanted to do today- I wrote some Christmas cards! It might not sound like most people's idea of fun but having had no idea when I would fit it in it made me happy to finally do some.
I think I'm pretty good at finding happiness in the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment