Tuesday 23 December 2014

Memories

I wasn't in a position to chat to an older person today about their experiences of Christmas so I've been trying to share my own experiences with my children. They enjoy hearing what's similar and what has changed to form our own family traditions.
One thing that has become a 'norm' that would have been alien to me as a child is my working over Christmas - my husband too as he's on call. It's something we accept and try to fit our family and church celebrations around. This year I have an unprecedented five days off and I'm doing my best to treasure it. Having the whole of Christmas eve and Christmas day with my family is a gift, and I don't know when it will happen again.
For many people working at Christmas is still alien so I would ask you to spare a thought and a prayer for those who must work.

No comments:

Post a Comment