Sunday 21 December 2014

Room in my heart for thee

Working nights this weekend has made going for a walk a bit difficult so I'm going to concentrate on the prayer, I think there's two separate things going on in it.
Firstly there's the patience, and sometimes Advent feels like one big exercise in patience. We want the light, the joy and the sparkle but Christians have to earn it by taking time to do the second thing- make room in our hearts for Jesus.
With my recent assignment I've spent quite a lot of time contemplating the incarnation and what it means. For me it's a revelation of God's character, which is pure love. God with us, not in the grandeur we read of in the Old Testament - a presence so holy it can't even be looked upon. This God can be held, burped and swaddled. He can no doubt keep his parents up all night too! The same God who created all that is and all that will be is born amongst us helpless and vulnerable. I have more than enough room in my heart for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment