Monday 22 December 2014

He gives strength to the weary

Dog walks are a really good time for me to reflect and pray; it's just me and Lucy the beagle and I find it easier to focus than most other places.
This evening I was reflecting upon the things I'm not happy with and want to put before God before Christmas. It's been one of my most difficult years for quite some time due to home and work circumstances, and this coupled with ordination training has meant there's been times I didn't know how I could continue with the stress and anxiety each part of my life was causing.
Of course those were the times I was trying to do it all on my own, forgetting or neglecting that it's only in God's strength that I can achieve any of it. This is the thing I'm most regretful of because all the times I've failed, got things wrong or been a bit (or lot) horrible has been when I've not remembered who and what my strength comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment