Wednesday 10 December 2014

Feed the birds

How many interesting new ways can I find to say I failed at today's task? It's been another challenging day and I'm pretty late getting home. I have a 13 page chapter to read tonight so I can concentrate on my assignment tomorrow. So many things in my life are telling me Christmas will soon be here but am I ready to receive it? There's so much competition for my time that I'm trying to deal with things one day at a time, I can't cope any other way.
My assignment is about theology in Christmas carols, which has made me notice a lot of stuff I haven't before. I was never a fan of O Holy Night until I read the words, particularly:
" He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger".
So even in my worst weeks, when I've pushed God aside and am trying to do all this in my own strength, God knows the worst of me as well as my best and he wants me anyway. That's pretty remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment