Sunday 7 December 2014

Crying out in the wilderness

Today's task of donating to a food bank gives me a reason to mention something incredibly important which happened recently. My home church has become an additional distribution centre for Stretford food bank, which was set up by volunteers from my placement church. This is incredibly important work, and it's happening because the people who worship in my area have a strong social conscience. I believe this is an integral part of our faith. We are not lone voices crying out in the wilderness, we are a chorus.
As it's the second Sunday of Advent we're also thinking about the prophets. We read in Isaiah to make way for the Lord- to make straight paths. We start by making the path straight to ourselves- dumping all the baggage that separates us from God and therefore makes that path bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment