Monday 1 December 2014

Sacred Space

Today was a work day. A big change between now and when I blogged during Lent is that my work pattern has changed and now a work day means a 12 hour shift. Not much time to consider Advent.
The LLLA action for today is to make a space to think about Advent. This is really hard- there's no space in my house right now, my garden is usually my tranquil place but it's hard to hang out there when it's quite chilly! I use my dining room as office space and have candles and incense in there but it's a work space. Thinking about this today my car is my sacred space. It's about the only place I am every day where I'm alone, can find silence and find prayer easy. I find it easier to think in my car than anywhere else, so that's my special place. It may not be everyone's idea of a sacred space but it works for me.
Finding or making space during Advent, with all its busyness and the directions we're pulled in, is really hard but it's important for me to take time away from that and make space for God, who often gets pushed out.
Working a 12 hour day it can be hard to make space for God but today has been incredibly special. There's been time to stop, to talk and to connect. The day has been punctuated with small spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment