Friday 5 December 2014

Time

In our family, as with so many others, the thing we lack most is time. With working full time, training for the priesthood, two children still in primary school and one curmudgeonly beagle I often feel like I'm pulled in all directions and don't give enough time to any of it.
The people who seem to get the worst end of the deal are the five who love me most- my husband, children and parents. Times when I feel I should be with then I'm often in work or doing homework. If I could give them anything this Christmas it would be more time.
The way my shifts fall this year I will have more time with them Christmas week then I have for many years and I intend to savour each moment as much as I can. I also need to take the time to thank my parents for all they do to ensure my children are in the correct place, clothed and fed when I'm working 12 hour shifts!
I'm so blessed to be so loved but I'm not good at taking time to tell them I feel that way.
Today's task was to think who has been important to you this year and thank them in a Christmas card. I'll be writing my cards this Sunday, but what I need to express far exceeds what I could manage with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment