Monday 5 March 2018

Celtic Lent Day 17

Be Still
You do not have to look for anything,
Just look.
You do not have to listen for
Specific sounds
Just listen.
You do not have to accomplish anything,
Just be.
And in the looking
And the listening
And the being,
Find
Me.
Ann Lewin

I didn't start today in the best frame of mind; I was weary, not in the mood. I was anxious, preoccupied with household matters and feeling like I wasn't bringing a decent enough version of myself to work. As I walked through the doors I prayed, hoping my mood would improve, hoping I would see God reflected in those around me and, if it were in any way possible, I could reflect something back.
I expected nothing from today but what unfolded was a day filled with joy, laughter and a reminder of why I love my job. Sometimes we come without expectation and God surprises us.

Scripture
Be still, and know that I am God!
   I am exalted among the nations,
   I am exalted in the earth.’
Psalm 46.10

No comments:

Post a Comment