Tuesday 20 March 2018

Celtic Lent day 29

Sometimes we have a powerful communion with God. We know to whom we belong and are ready to run and not be weary and to walk and not faint. But the will weakens, the humdrum returns, the memory of God's touch recedes. Can we stop this fading? No, nor should we try. Continuously renewed immediacy, not receding memory of the Divine Touch, is the secret of a more subterranean sanctuary ofthe soul, where the Light within never fades, but burns, a perpetual Flame, where the wells of living water of divine revelation rise up continuously, day by day and hour by hour, steady and transfiguring.
Thomas Kelly.

Those transcendent moments or encounters are rare, but once you've experienced it you know nothing will or can ever be the same again. It was such an experience which drew me back to a faith community and set me on the course I now continue on. My becoming a priest has been the most unexpected thing I've experienced in my life and yet it's enriched my life beyond anything I could have imagined.

Scripture
Pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3.18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment