Saturday 31 March 2018

Celtic Lent Day 40

Encompass me with joy, for weeping gathers all its gloom against me.
Encompass me with love, for the world’s a hating place at times.
Encompass me with summer, for there is too much ice in secularity.
Encompass me with good news, for the days overwhelm the soul with negativity.
Encompass me with foreverness, for I am too temporary to have any kind of future without you.
Amen.
Calvin Miller

This is the final day of Lent, a day spent watching, waiting, praying and not knowing what lies ahead. We don't know the resurrection will happen. We sit with our loss, our grief, and we weep.





Scripture
Was it not you who dried up the sea,
   the waters of the great deep;
who made the depths of the sea a way
   for the redeemed to cross over? 
So the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
   and come to Zion with singing;
everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;
   they shall obtain joy and gladness,
   and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. 
I, I am he who comforts you;
   why then are you afraid of a mere mortal who must die,
   a human being who fades like grass?
Isaiah 51.10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment