Wednesday 14 March 2018

Celtic Lent Day 25

Lord Jesus Christ, son of God: have mercy on me, a sinner.
In the anonymously authored 'The Way of the Pilgrim', we find these words:
My whole desire was fixed upon one thing only - to say the Prayer of Jesus, and as soon as I went on with it I was filled with joy and relief. It was as though my lips and tongue pronounced the words entirely of themselves without any urging from me. I spent the whole day in a state of the greatest contentment. I lived as though in another world.
Lord Jesus Christ, son of God: have mercy on me, a sinner.

Being honest about my shortcomings with God is my way of being truly authentic and truthful. There's nothing that can be hidden from God so why try?


Scripture
Incline your ear and hear my words, Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise and apply your mind to my teaching; 
for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, if all of them are ready on your lips. 
So that your trust may be in the Lord, I have made them known to you today—yes, to you.
Proverbs 22.17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment