Wednesday 7 March 2018

Celtic Lent Day 19

Go and find Jesus when your patience and strength give out and you feel alone and helpless. He is waiting for you. Say to him "Jesus, you know exactly what is going on. You are all I have, and you know all. Come to my help." And then go and don't worry about how you are going to manage. That you have told God about it us enough. He has a good memory.
Jeanne Jugan

Sometimes, too often, I have no words for prayer; when I read about an horrific event, when I encounter difficult things at work, when I'm too sad, anxious or weary to articulate what I'm trying to hand over to God. It's ok. God knows already.

Scripture
Ho, everyone who thirsts,
   come to the waters;
and you that have no money,
   come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
   without money and without price.
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
   and your labour for that which does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to me, and eat what is good,
   and delight yourselves in rich food.
Isaiah 55.1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment