Tuesday 13 March 2018

Celtic Lent Day 24

It is enough to pray one's questions and rest quietly in the possibilities. My life is too small for all the answers, and my life...has been plagued with the need for too much certainty.
Macrina Wiedekehr

There's been more upheaval, change and uncertainty in my life during the last four years than during any other part of my life, all whilst training for ministry and then since ordination. It's taught me a valuable lesson in coping with impermanence and accepting that most things in our lives are just for a season- the good and the bad. It's also taught me there are no easy answers and sometimes we have to be content in our not knowing.


Scripture
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4.4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment