Sunday 2 December 2018

2nd December 2018

I love Advent Sunday, it's officially the third best day of the liturgical year after Easter Day and Christmas day. It's the church's new year and as someone of an Anglo-catholic leaning has a Wonderful mix of ritual, mystery and some cracking hymns, chants and anthems. I've been at three services today; parish communion, family praise and the Advent Carol service (very different from a Christmas carol service and the highlight of Advent Sunday). Normally I'd be wiped out but I'm completely energised- anticipating what this Advent will bring, anticipating meeting Christ on Christmas morning, contemplating the enormity of what that means. Christ comes to us again each Christmas, but also daily in the continuing unfolding of creation, present in each moment.

Today I found joy in Advent hymns and liturgy, was thankful for my church family and felt helpless about not being able to help my work colleagues.



And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.
John 1.14

No comments:

Post a Comment