Monday 3 December 2018

3rd December 2018


So you may have gathered from the pictures in the blog that I'm doing a daily colouring. This is to get me engaging in some mindfulness, setting that time aside when I do nothing else. This is a big deal when I usually have every minute filled with something.
I'm in the process, yet again, of trying to remove the clutter from my life, this includes the way I clutter my time. I need to decide what things really matter, both material and immaterial.
I'm also following Richard Rohr's daily reflections, which I dip in and out of most of the time. The current theme is the concept of "the universal Christ", making the distinction between the historical Jesus, the man, and The Christ, word of God, present before all things and in all things; the Christ who sustains the universe (Heb 1.3).
It's all a bit clever for me, but this I can get on board with:
Whenever the material and the spiritual coincide, there is the Christ. Jesus fully accepted that human-divine identity and walked it into history. Henceforth, the Christ “comes again” whenever we are able to see the spiritual and the material coexisting, in any moment, in any event, and in any person.


Today I felt joyful making chutney. Again. I was thankful for the online community I'm part of and I felt helpless over my husband being anxious over starting a new job.


Christ is the radiant light of God’s glory and the perfect copy of God’s nature, sustaining the universe by God’s powerful command.
Hebrews 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment