Friday 14 December 2018

13th December 2018


I've started a run of night shifts now so the blog will be a bit more random, shorter and certainly less thinky.

I'm going to take a pause from Richard Rohr's reflections to give a mention to another staple of my Advent- the Society of St John the Evangelist (SSJE) who promote the #adventword trend on social media, encouraging people to post photographs on the theme of their daily word. They send daily emails throughout the year with a word of the day and short reflection:

Wait
Everything in creation requires a time of gestation: canyons took millions of years to be formed by rivers of water; the oldest known Sequoia tree is said to have taken 3,266 years to grow; babies are not ready to be delivered at conception. I would say that it is a part of God’s order to wait.
-Br. Jim Woodrum

Today I felt joyful doing my job, I was thankful to be part of an amazing team and I felt helpless at my daughter's upset as we discussed the future of one of our more challenging pets.


May the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, just as we abound in love for you. 
1 Thessalonians 3.12

No comments:

Post a Comment