Wednesday 19 December 2018

19th December 2018

Crazy busy day, the sort of day where you can beat yourself up about not doing better, being better or achieving more. The sort of day where you focus on the shortcomings rather than the achievements. I have a lot of those days, yet I'm always telling others to be kind to themselves. I think we're often better at giving advice than heeding it, caring for others than self-care.

I will take God’s kind judgment of me any day over my usually harsh judgment of myself. I will take God’s image of me any day, which is always patient and merciful, over my neighbor’s rashly formed image of me. God always sees his son, Jesus, in me, and cannot not love him!
Richard Rohr

Today I felt joyful because it's the time of year when former patients come back looking marvellous with Christmas treats, I felt thankful for our gorgeous new staff- just lovely, and I felt helpless...well see above...at what I didn't achieve.


Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug. 
Isaiah 51.1

No comments:

Post a Comment