Tuesday 11 December 2018

11th December 2018

Something struck me today about the language we use in Advent in light of the Richard Rohr reflections. We talk about waiting to meet God in the manger, as if we forget that God is in all things and is always with us. The Christ has been present in the whole of creation, but at Christmas became the human, Jesus. It was only through this that we began to truly know the the character of God and begin the fathom God's love for humanity.

God isn't "out there" but always with us and within us. At Christmas the Christ was born in human form but the Christ was always there, it took the person of Jesus for us to recognise that.

Today I was joyful listening to my friends sing in the local community choir Christmas concert, I was thankful for a rest and I felt helpless that they sometimes just isn't enough time or motivation.

Contemplation is not something we do. It is a free gift of the spirit; all we can do is surrender and “let go.” Every excursion into openness is a flooding in of the true self, remembering that the Divine is already within, waiting.
Beverley Lanzetta

My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready;
Psalm 57.8

No comments:

Post a Comment