Wednesday 12 December 2018

12th December 2018

Christians can sometimes come across as trying to make God very small, trying to confine God and place our own rules and values upon the divine creator. No wonder we can seem very unappealing to some. What is appealing is God's bigness and lack of confinement. God gets exciting when we try to see him as he is, not how we want him to be. God is not in the rules and hidden behind church building walls, God flows through everything.

Today I experienced God in the medical staff looking after my husband as he underwent a minor procedure, in his fellow patients, in the people we interacted with over lunch, in the shop staff we met this afternoon, in my kids, in each other and in an online community I'm part of, many of whom have been hurt by Christianity or those who profess to be part of it.

The presence of God can also be experienced through the love of nature, deep friendship, conjugal love, generous service of others, or the discoveries of genuine science.
Richard Rohr.

I felt joyful today knowing that someone was receiving a long-distance secret-Santa gift from me, I was thankful for my online community and I felt helpless that I start nights tomorrow and haven't achieved all I'd hoped to beforehand.

My soul clings to you; your right hand shall hold me fast.
Psalm 63.9

No comments:

Post a Comment