Tuesday 18 December 2018

18th December 2018

Just a quick one tonight as it's been a busy one and I'm up at 5am.

Today I felt joyful catching up with friends over lunch, thankful about the direction my sermon (for Sunday) ended up going in and helpless that I won't get enough sleep tonight.

I am a mass of contradictions and yet I am also a saint. I am a very good person, and I am also a sinful person. I get it and yet I oppose it too. Are both of those true? Yes, both are always and forever true, and for some wonderful reason that is what God loves. Faith is to personally surrender to such a mystery—not on a theoretical level, but right inside ourselves on a daily level.
Richard Rohr
Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, beloved, to admonish the idlers, encourage the faint-hearted, help the weak, be patient with all of them. See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all.
1 Thessalonians 5.13b-15 

No comments:

Post a Comment