Monday 17 December 2018

17th December 2018


Today was a day of preparation; sweet treats, Christmas cards and sorting stuff out. Tomorrow I'll write my Christmas sermons and have a festive lunch with my ministry colleagues. 

I'm at the stage where I have no idea what my sermons will be; I never know and it's the most stressful part of being a priest for me. I always feel that nothing will come, that I don't have the gifts for it, but something does always appear, God working through me as through each of us.
God uses us to reach out and make connections. Whoever and wherever we are we all have to ability to connect with others, to share kindness and loveliness.

Today I felt joyful making up a silly gecko song with my son, thankful for some family time and helpless about our government.

The more that we can put together, the more that we can “forgive” and allow, the more we can include and enjoy, the more we tend to be living in the Spirit. The more we need to reject, oppose, deny, exclude and eliminate, the more open we are to negative and destructive voices and to our own worst instincts. As always, Jesus is our model of healing, outreach and reconciliation, the ultimate man of the Spirit.
Richard Rohr
Though I am poor and needy, the Lord cares for me.
Psalm 40.18

No comments:

Post a Comment