Monday 10 March 2014

Be More creative

Something that has greatly suffered since I began ordination training is my creative hobbies. I love the bake, crochet & make cards but there's very little time for any of it- so to have a day when I can do something creative feels very indulgent.
I didn't have much time with working so decided to complete a colouring meditation I began in January.
If you've never seen a colouring meditation it's usually some scripture, or religious image such as a cross or dove, presented in an artistic way that you can colour in and meditate upon. The one I chose was a Celtic Christian prayer:

"I bind my mind to the mind of the Creator God that I may worship completely.
I bind my body to the will of the Saviour Christ that I may serve freely.
I bind my spirit to the Holy Spirit my helper that I may love joyfully."

My son made a Lego model (same as every day!) but my daughter had a beautiful idea. She decided to make fimo models to represent the seeds she planted on Saturday growing.

I think that it's our ability to create things that makes us made in God's image, rather than a physical likeness (how many other species make things simply for beauty or enjoyment?), and that by creating, rather than destroying, we can find a deep spirituality.

Isaiah 44.24: Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by myself spread out the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment