Saturday 29 March 2014

Have more fun

Blog delay until this morning- I was far too busy having fun!
This task marked our second St Michael's coordinated LLLL attack- we decided to meet up for boardgames and nibbles in our parish room. So, ok, that's not everyone's idea of fun, but it's our idea of fun and I for one had a lovely time.
There was Junior Monopoly, Creationary, Ticket to Ride (new to me but recommended) interspersed with pizza, nibbles and ice cream.
I didn't let the fun stop when I got home either! Usually we have to watch DVDs by committee but the kids went to bed and Mike had work to do so the dog and I curled up with The Great Gatsby.
Fun and fellowship are incredibly important- who would want to be part of a religion that takes itself too seriously? Or doesn't try and foster a sense of community? Of course there are things which must be solemn and sacred but good humour gives you perspective, and is one of God's greatest gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment