Wednesday 19 March 2014

Be More Generous

I must admit I don't feel very generous today. I feel tired, run down and thoroughly worn out. I have an essay to finish, sermon to write and Lent breakfast to lead. Then I have a retreat to go on where I'm supposed to put all this out of my mind, and because of that I can't attend my nieces baptism this weekend.
I worked a 14 hour day today and thought I'd completely fail today's task- until I remembered that I'd randomly bought a present for my husband, for no reason, which never happens (it's a Qwertee t-shirt).
I've mentioned before in my blog that my husband gets a raw deal when it comes to my time and affection, so it felt good to buy him something for no reason, with no purpose other than for him to feel a little more appreciated. The upside of this was I felt better because I'd done something lovely for someone- random acts of generosity definitely benefit to giver as well as the recipient. Doing good feels good!


2 corinthians 8:7

Now as you excel in everything...so we want you to excel also in this generous undertaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment