Thursday 27 March 2014

Be more peaceful

don't know if you're like me, but if you are then taking a bit of time for peace or relaxation is one of the greatest luxuries you can experience. Sitting without doing something is rare- I don't even really watch TV, although with the F1 season having started and Games of Thrones back on next week that will change.
I love music but it's something I listen to whilst on the go- in the shower, doing chores, cooking- listening to relax is a rarity.
For today's task I made a playlist with enough relaxing pieces of music to get me to college and back. When I was parked outside college I played one track I'd singled out as my 'relaxing music'. The result was my being even more docile than usual in class- things were going over my head but I was too chilled out to care!
On my retreat last weekend I set time aside to relax and be peaceful, and used music to help. I do find that when I've given myself permission to relax I find it quite easy- and it's amazing once you've found that peace how open and receptive you are to hearing God's voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment