Tuesday 18 March 2014

Be More Friendly

Being friendly to someone new, as was today's task, is pretty easy to accomplish as there's lots of lovely new girls at work. The thing is, they're all so delightful it's impossible not to be friendly towards them! But reading some of my friends' Facebook updates today it's actually reasonably rare for a lot of people to be in a situation where they are with new people. 

Meeting new people can be terrifying, depending upon the circumstances but  the ways in which I meet new people mean it's usually they who are frightened. This isn't because I'm scary by the way!! It's because when I meet a new person it's usually a new patient- maybe even newly diagnosed, or the relative of a patient, or a new staff member as mentioned above.
The best thing I can do in any of these circumstances is just show a bit of understanding, patience and kindness.


Leviticus 19.18: but you shall love your neighbour as yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment