Saturday 15 March 2014

Notice the World Around You

Today was one of those days that reminds me why I love my job. It was just the right sort of busy, I achieved my objectives, there were teaching opportunities for staff and patients- I felt like a good leader and a good nurse. Sadly with working a 14 hour day it gave little opportunity to enjoy the world around me, so I had to try in my own small way.
I was a little rushed when leaving the house (the grand prix qualifying was on the radio!) But it was lovely to step out into the cool morning air- and daylight. My first 7am daylight drive of the year. My walk from the car to the hospital was short and I took little notice of things, I have to admit. I promised myself I would pay extra attention when I left work.

I left though a door I don't usually use but it got me outside quicker. The air was cool and fresh, which is always welcome after a long day. Sadly the area next to the door is filled with building materials and the path is narrow, running between parts of the building. About half way down the path is a shrub and I could make out pale blossoms even in the dark. At the end of the path is a mature tree, covered in tiny buds. Stepping out onto Pallatine Road it's always lovely to look up at the huge mature trees which line it. I turned towards where my car was parked and spotted an older man, muttering to himself, heading towards the hostel on the other side of the road. I admit I was apprehensive, but as I passed him him exclaimed "nice weather!", with a smile I replied "it could certainly be worse."
And with that I was at my car and headed home.


Psalm 92:4

For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment