Friday 22 March 2013

Be Aware Of Others

I'm a very selfish person by nature. I'm very aware of this and try really hard not to be. I often fail. I'm also really rubbish at talking to people I don't know, outside of my work environment anyway.
As Fiona the nurse I'm confident and outgoing. As Fiona in the big wide world I avoid conversations with people I don't know and enjoy the safety of familiar things.
Because of this today's task was very good for me- to look beyond the familiar and think about the less familiar people I met today and pray for five of them.
When I pray for people I don't know I always use the same words: that they be granted wholeness of body, mind and spirit, that they feel God's presence in their lives and know his love.

1 Timothy 2:1
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment