Saturday 9 March 2013

Think of Others More

Thinking of others and doing something they'd usually do was the task of the day- another I was trying to accomplish whilst working a thirteen and a half hour shift.
It was quite easy to think of others. We're a closely knit team and we were short staffed with a very poorly patient.  In these circumstances I like to think we think more 'I hope my colleagues ok' than 'how am I going to cope'. And in the end it was busy, but it was perfectly fine.
I chose to quietly do something that often causes grumbles. Without complaint and without grumbles I washed every blue treatment tray I came across, and all the dirty pots in the staff kitchen. I cleared the overstacked drainer and wiped down the microwave. It felt good that me doing it meant someone else didn't have to, or didn't have to grumble because they found unwashed things lying around.

Romans 12:10
Love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment