Tuesday 5 March 2013

Be More Open

Try a new activity or food? Well a new activity whilst working a 10 hour shift is difficult, but new food I can do. I love food- almost all foods (hence why I have more in common with a chubby Titian red head than just my hair colour)- so to think of something I've not tried was quite a challenge.
The kids were easy- sushi. Faith loved it, Jacob not so much. Faith has started exploring new foods more and more, which is great.
Mike and I settled on a vindaloo- I like spice but much prefer flavour over heat so have never tried one. It was lovely...although maybe not something I'd have as a first choice again. We washed it down with birch sap. No really. My dear husband's home brew experimentations have lead him to spending the last couple of days tapping birch trees for the rising sap- something that can only be done 2 to 4 weeks of the year, as it turns bitter once the green leaves grow again. It was refreshing and lovely, and is meant to have remarkable health benefits. Definitely a new experience!

Isaiah 42:9
See, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare

No comments:

Post a Comment