Monday 4 March 2013

Take Care of Your Home

First of all we are very excited to see how well our seeds (planted in week 1) are growing- they must have appreciated the late Winter sun we've been experiencing.
As any of you who've been to my house will know I'm a housework apologist- any time anyone comes round I apologise that it's a mess. I think it's a healthy way of letting people know I'm not perfect...
Despite this I was quite happy that today's task was tidying orientated- motivation is always good. I had decided to declutter the downstairs bathroom, but life- as always-intervened.
I have three hours on a Monday morning, between dropping the kids at 9 and leaving for work at 12, in which to do any shopping, tidying and cooking that needs doing before Thursday. I go straight to work from the school run on a Tuesday and Wednesday is Peewits ( St Michaels pre-school worship). There was a normal weekend's worth of kitchen tidying to be done, plus a little incident that Mike had with a raspberry wine home brew experiment to deal with. After cleaning the kitchen and making sure I had enough food to eat until Wednesday night it was time to leave for work. Never fear, I thought, I'll have time to tidy the bathroom when I get in from work, not thinking I'd be home an hour late.
So no more than the usual level of Monday tidying has been done, but I'm ok with that because I could have chosen to flake out and watch Being Human instead.
The kids have tidied their room and the conservatory. Their standard of housework seems even lower than mine. Ah well- when I'm on my death bed I won't be wishing I'd polished the taps more.

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment