Thursday 21 March 2013

Smile More

Smiling seems like a straight forward enough  mission for the day, but you'd be surprised how many people look at you oddly if you simply smile at them! It's fine for people who know you but strangers simply do not know how to respond.
Luckily there was lots to smile about today. I started by popping on my odd socks for Down Syndrome Awareness day and making some biscuits for my friend Amy's bake sale for DS. Then it was off to Withington to see my spiritual director- very much needed after the stress of yesterday. I popped into work to drop the biscuits off and bought 2 choc cupcakes for the kids.
Home for lunch and watched Archbishop Justin's enthronement- which was fantastic- connecting with lots of other Christians on Twitter in the process (highlights were In Christ Alone and Archbishop Gregorious' beard).
Rounded the day off with a bit of housework and time with the kids. Not too much opportunity to share my smiles but they were there!

Proverbs 15:13
A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance

No comments:

Post a Comment