Wednesday 20 March 2013

Be More Thoughtful

Today we were tasked to think of others and think what might make someone you know happy, and then do it.
Anyone reading the blog since the first week of Lent may remember that Mike had a trip to A&E. He's been off work since as his gastric issues continue and he is unable to lift (he's an undertaker). Today his pain was so severe that he had to return to A&E. Due to the general circumstances of the day there was no one to look after the kids if he went to hospital so I had to take a carer's leave from work. He tried to play the martyr saying he'd wait until Thursday but one look at him would have told anyone he was not well.
Work has been pretty busy so I felt huge amounts of guilt letting my colleagues down.
Sadly it is a rare thing that Mike gets put first, after work, church and the kids, but today was about him and what he needed. I'm not sure this was being more thoughtful but I certainly needed to think about what my priorities for today were. I'm really not sure I made anyone happy either! I was there fir Mike and the kids when they needed me, which in all honesty I'm not always.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment