Thursday 14 March 2013

Slooooooow Dooooooown

Today was all about slowing down to savour and appreciate the good things we have- specifically to eat breakfast slowly. There was no chance of me moving quickly today, I was mucousy and exhausted. My beautiful husband, though not very well himself of late, had agreed to get up with the kids this morning and let me stay in bed and I was truly thankful for it.
The alarm went off as usual and I soon had a Jacob by my side and really enjoyed our cuddles, knowing I didn't have to jump in the shower and rush around. I admit I was still in bed when Mike returned from the school run so I got up and made us bacon and egg sandwiches, and a coffee (of course), taking the time to enjoy each mouthful.
We spent the rest of our day taking things slowly, appreciating our day and having time to spend together. I intend to have an early night to further enjoy my bed too! I don't often reward myself with sleep, but today seems like a good day to do it.

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good

No comments:

Post a Comment