Thursday 26 December 2013

O come to us, abide with us.

One thing I want to get across with my festive blog is that my Advent was preparation for, not celebration of, Christmas. I didn't really start to celebrate until midnight mass. The other thing I want to remind people of is that Christmas is not over now it's the 26th of December- it's only just begun. I want to celebrate- for days!! Each day until Epiphany I want to share in what way I've celebrated that day. If I was super keen I'd blog the 40 days up until Candlemas, because Christmas isn't over until then!
Boxing Day is the biggest day in our house- my mum returns from my brother's, with my Bro and his family in tow. Our other parents also join us, we have another feast and exchange gifts. It's a day I've managed to avoid working throughout my career- quite a feat, but I do my fair share elsewhere.
I have to admit that Jesus has been a little out of mind today, after 4 days of spending more time at church than home!  My plan is to spend a few quiet moments in prayer now, before I go to sleep, just being really thankful for all the ways in which I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment