Friday 13 December 2013

In the day of my distress I will call upon you

"In the day of my distress I will call upon you, for you will answer me".
Psalm 86:7

So this time yesterday I thought I was headed straight into my pre-Christmas wobble, but it seems not. Today I spent quality time with my husband- a rare treat, and one that I think has done both of us good. With work, the kids, my training, Mike soon to start ALM training and then Christmas preparations it's incredibly easy to neglect each other. Spending time together, away from the children and away from home is important, as is family time.
I've been willing to give up so much of myself to God, and to my job, that the family can sometimes feel like they're third best. Balance can be hard to find. I'm so lucky that my family understand why I'm doing what I'm doing, and incredibly blessed to have their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment