Monday 23 December 2013

All is calm

" Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright"

I'd be lying if I said there hadn't been a few wobbles in the last few days- tiredness, busyness and a bit of childcare stress has all weighed a little heavy on me...and yet, relatively, all is calm.
The first Christingle went well yesterday, then there was the joy of watching my daughter sing with the choir.
The 9 Lessons and Carols service was deeply moving, I was a little teary during the final gospel reading and prayers.
Today I got quite emotional whilst reading this to my husband:
http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/12/23/love-at-christmas-by-sharon-jaynes/
- knowing I do sometimes send the kids away because I'm cooking, or stress that my house or, basically, I myself am not good enough. Good enough for what I don't know, because all that matters is that we have love, room in our hearts for each other and room in our hearts for Jesus.
I'm almost ready for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment