Tuesday 10 December 2013

This is the way, walk in it

"your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’"
Isaiah 30:21

We're nearly half way through Advent now, Christmas day feels ever nearer, and I'm beginning to assess how I'm getting on preparing for it. The conclusions depend upon what measures I'm using.
If I'm looking as physical readiness things are a bit patchy. I have some festive food in the cupboards, after tomorrow all presents should be bought, but there's not so much as a bauble in our house and I've not written a single card yet. The house, as ever, is a mess.
In terms of church and my ordination training I've all but finished my assignment, many of the services I had responsibilities at are done and I just have some prayers to write for this coming Sunday.
What about my spiritual readiness? That was, after all, the point of my daily blogging. I'm pretty much on track with daily bible readings, and I'm nowhere near mental meltdown (watch this space- it's not Advent without it...). Mostly I'm trying the heed the words at the top of today's blog, to discern that voice and hear which way it wants to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment