Tuesday 17 December 2013

Get up and do not be afraid

I learned something very interesting from Vicky's sermon last Sunday- in the Bible the words "do not be afraid" appear 365 times, once for every day of the year- how amazing is that?!
There's so many things that we fear it can really get in the way of living the abundant life Jesus wishes us to.
By this stage in Advent I've usually lost the plot completely- overwhelmed by anxiety preparing gifts, shopping, baking, cleaning. Despite fearing that my wobble was coming last week and being busier than ever I feel relatively chilled out. There's a small undercurrent of anxiety- not many cards written, no decorations up and the house is a mess- but it's all manageable. Whatever I can do will be done, and what I can't...well those who love me will understand, and after all I'm trying to emphasise that those superficial things aren't at the heart of Christmas. Maybe that's why I'm so calm- for once I can only focus on Jesus as I've no time for anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment