Sunday 1 December 2013

And With Fear And Trembling Stand

Well I threatened to blog all through Advent so here goes...
Today was a day of new beginnings in so many ways- the first day of December, the first day of Advent and a new year in the church calendar. It was also my first proper sermon, and I was terrified!
Luckily rescue remedy and lots of friendly faces peering back at me meant I got through it and people said very kind and lovely things afterwards.
But...after so much time preparing for the first day of Advent- I was leading Family Praise too this afternoon- how do I now get myself spiritually prepared for Christmas? I have my first assignment due in on the 18th, intercessions to write for the 15th, the children’s social events and one or two of my own. What time is there- with study, work and family- to get myself spiritually ready to receive Jesus? Today's gospel reading from Matthew reminded us that we must always be ready, and actually Jesus loves us just as we are, which in the circumstances is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment