Friday 27 December 2013

And to the earth be peace

The post Christmas tiredness has really kicked in today! I was awake really early, and just when I thought I might get back to sleep the kids were awake (the boy and his cousin being rather vocal, the girl playing music on her new iPod).
We then headed off with my brother to MOSI, meeting my cousins there. It was tremendous to see all the children, but by the time I got home I was ready for a power nap!
Today I'm celebrating how lucky I am. I have a great family, loving & generous friends, a house, car, good job and I live in a country that is politically stable, relatively corruption free and isn't subject to massively unstable weather. Watching and reading the news at the moment I feel hugely inadequate and rather guilty. The events in South Sudan, CAR, Syria and Iraq serve as a reminder of my comfortable and safe life. The percentage of us in the world living safe happy lives is greatly outnumbered by those who aren't.  We are so lucky, and I thank God for that. I also ask him what I can do to help those who aren't so lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment