Saturday 14 December 2013

Strengthen the weak hands and make firm the feeble knees.

I was so tired when my alarm went off this morning that I didn't know how I would get through nearly 14 hours at work, but get through it I did and came home feeling like I'd done a good job. I found reserves where I didn't think there were any.
Getting ready for Christmas can be like that- the thought of all that needs to be done can be so overwhelming, but then I find myself in the middle of it, coping...then it's all over and I feel like in the circumstances I've done ok.
Yet coping and getting through it doesn't somehow fit with what I want from Christmas this year. I want to encounter God, through experiencing the incarnation of his son- to meet my Lord in helpless human form. This can seem like an impossible task but I think the key might be simplicity. We've made Christmas so big, so complicated and invested so much in this one day. I want to strip it back to the simplicity of sharing love with my family and friends and taking time to worship God.

No comments:

Post a Comment