Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wait on God alone in stillness

"Wait on God alone in stillness, O my soul; for in him is my hope."
Psalm 62:5

I was thinking today about how the ward will be at Christmas- which patients are likely to be in, how poorly they'll be. The nature of our speciality means it's unusual for patients to be allowed out. There's a massive disappointment for people who realise they'll be in hospital for Christmas, and in our case knowing they're having treatment that will make them ill before they get better. Christmas is still very much a time for families and togetherness, anything that interferes with that- even something that might ultimately save their life- is regarded with disdain.
Whether I'm working or not (and I am this year) I try to give a few moments on Christmas day to be thankful for my health, and my families health, and to say a prayer for all those who are apart from their loved ones because they're ill, and for those who are caring for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment